How to set permission of 'allow-popups' ?

Mockplus April 26, 2021

When I want to open a new window, I get an error:the request was made in a sandboxed frame whose 'allow-popups' permission is not set.

How should I configure it?1.png2.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

You can now add "allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox" to the frame "attribute".

Mockplus April 27, 2021

How do I do it? Are there any relevant documents or screenshots of the operation? I really need this.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Mockplus Is this part of Jira Core or is it an App that you have added on?  If it is part of Jira Core you would have to submit a feature request to have them change their code.  If it is an app then you will need to submit a request to the app developer to make the change.

Mockplus April 28, 2021

@Brant Schroeder , hello,

I followed the documentation here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/build-a-hello-world-app-in-jira/

Ultimately, I want to publish my app to jira like these:

3.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

@Mockplus So you are creating an app, then you will just need to add the "allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox" to the frame "attribute" as stated previously in your code.  

<iframe src="iframe.html" sandbox="allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox"></iframe>

Mockplus June 4, 2021

Thank you very much.

testRigor June 3, 2022

I'm having the same problem
@Brant Schroeder I can't see where the iframe is to set the permission
I created the app using https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/build-a-custom-ui-app-in-jira/ 

Like # people like this
Rajagopal November 8, 2022

I am also having the same issue in forge. The above mentioned answer will work for atlassian-connect apps not for forge apps.

How to use it in forge apps?

Like # people like this
Peter Juras March 4, 2023

Any update on this? I also would like to allow users to visit links normally, right they are within the iframe which makes no sense.

Please set the `allow-popups` attribute to JIRA gadgets in the cloud version.

Cristina Coloma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2024

@Brant Schroeder any update on this? I can't allow popups in forge custom UI

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events