How to give different % values on the sub-tasks of a story?

Alex Wrobel July 18, 2021

Hi,

I am a civil engineer trying to adapt JIRA for a construction project. It's a project of 398 identical houses divided by blocks of 28 houses, 32 houses, 27 houses, etc. With that in mind, someone gave me the idea to transform the blocks into EPICS and the houses into STORY issues. In each STORY (house), I will have the sub-tasks needed to complete the construction of the house in its totality (100%), and the % value of each sub-task it's based on the amount of money that they represent in the certificate. For example, concrete foundation 5%, brick wall 2%, etc. The % of the progress of a STORY (house) is the number of sub-tasks done divided by the total number of sub-tasks, meaning that all sub-tasks have the same value. Is it possible to give different % values to the sub-tasks?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hi @Alex Wrobel 

You could do that with custom fields to maintain the amounts (e.g. Values you note), and either Automation for Jira or a marketplace scripting adding to compute the fields.  Please talk this over with your Jira admin to see what they think about the approach which works well for your use case.

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer