How to get Due Date on this page while creating issue? below to the project and Issue type.

Manoj March 14, 2024

atlassian.png

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @M Unfortunately, it is not possible to add new fields in the initial create issue screen where you select the Project and Issue Type. The fields that are configured on the screen will only be displayed once you click the Next button.

Manoj March 15, 2024

@Kishan Sharma  Thanks for your response again, is there any work around? 

However, i did explore this a lot but didn't find the solution across.

Regards, M

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Hi @M Achieving this may require modifications to the underlying code, although it is not recommended. It is advisable to raise a ticket with the Atlassian Support team to explore the possibility of achieving this through code changes.

Like Manoj likes this
Manoj March 15, 2024

@Kishan Sharma  Thanks, i will park this for now, as i am able to convince the requirement.  But, the approach you have suggested is worthy for future.

Thanks! M

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2024

Hi M,

You can not do this, not without making significant code changes to Jira (it's not as simple as just adding a field to the screen)

You don't want to either, as it will break your system.

The initial create screen is asking you for project and issue type because these two are required to tell Jira how the issue is configured.

That configuration includes the field configurations.  When you get to this screen, you do not know if the due date is available on the issue.  (It may be hidden, not on any screens, or mandatory.  You can't know if it is any of those things until you have told Jira which project and issue type you want to be creating)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2024

Hi @M 

You will have to add "Due Date" field in Create Issue screen. Please refer this link to know how you can add fields to your Jira project's screens.

Furthermore, it is important to ensure that the "Due Date" field is also present on the View/Edit screen. Otherwise, you will not be able to modify it after its creation.

Manoj March 14, 2024

@Kishan Sharma Thanks for your response, Due date is already configured likewise but it appears only after clicking next button whereas i want it to appear before clicking next button. just like i have project, issue type appearing. 

any suggestion pls?

Suggest an answer