How to exclude unwanted Labels displayed in pie chart?

Ro G July 10, 2019

I want to create a pie chart with just a subset of labels. How can I do?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @Ro G ,

I might be able to help with this request. We've added a feature to our Jira pie charting app Custom Charts for Jira that allows you to show/hide individual labels without changing the JQL.

You can test the app out right now on our free interactive playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-for-jira

ShowHideLabels.gif

We're adding new features all the time to this app, so any feedback on how to improve it would be appreciated.

There's also a companion Confluence app that has identical features so you can add high quality custom pie charts to your Confluence pages.

Tom
Custom Charts Product Manager

0 votes
Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2019

Just add this to the JQL query being used in the pie chart:

and (labels is empty or labels not in ("Unwanted label 1", "Unwanted label 2", "Unwanted label 3"))

This will filter out any issues containing those labels. 

Ro G July 11, 2019

This is not my question. my jira tickets have got differents labels. I need all the Jira ticket but in the pie chart I just want to display some of the labels. How can I do?

Ro G July 15, 2019

@Ben Poulson can you please check again my question?

Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2019

@Ro G 

Adding that to the query won't effect any of the actual issues- a query is essentially a search. It won't delete any of the issues that do have those labels, the pie chart will just ignore them.

Ro G July 16, 2019

HI Ben, I tried to follow the query but it just don't consider the ticket thst have got the unwatnted label

Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2019

I'm not sure I understand the problem- what does it need to do? If you're trying to only see issues that do have certain labels rather than issues that don't, just change the snippet in the query to this:

and labels is not empty and labels in ("Wanted label 1", "Wanted label 2", "Wanted label 3")
Ro G July 16, 2019

NO, I want to see only certain lables. Let me do an examples: I have 10 different tickets that have label1, label2, label 3 and I want to create a piechart that contains all 10 tickets but just shows label 2 and label 3.

Like # people like this
Sundar Kannan September 2, 2020

Have you found a solution to this issue? please share

Marta Segadães September 29, 2020

I also need this and can't seem to find the solution!

Like Jean Francois Gelinas likes this
Sundar Kannan September 29, 2020

We added new custom fields and use a pie chart gadget with filters and use one of the new fields in the Statistic type.