How can I find which screen my project belongs to?

Oluseye Cole March 15, 2024

Hey Geeks,

I am creating a custom field to be added as part of the fields available for my Jira Forms.

I have created the field and I am on a page where I am asked to associate the new field to a screen.

On the screens page, I see 100s of different screens and I don't know which one to select. Is there a way to identify which screen my project (the one hosting the form) is mapped to?

Just to note - the project with the form is a team-managed business project.

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Projects do not belong to screens.  Projects have some configuration "schemes" which tell them what fields to show to users and how, and fields can have a "context" for a project or issue type that limits them to a selected list.

The answer here is that you need to look at the projects configurations before adding a new field.

When selecting which screens to add a new custom field to, it's actually something I would like Atlassian to remove, because when you have a lot of screens, it's really hard to know what to add them to unless you've already done the work of identifying what screens are in use in the projects.

I always skip that step, adding new fields nowhere.  Then I go into the config of the projects I want to add it to, look at their issue type screen schemes and working my way down through that to see what screens I want to add it to.

Suggest an answer