How can I create a report or dashboard from a Business Project?

Penney Dull June 24, 2019

I have a project I am doing with external resources and for our weekly progress meetings, I would like to quickly export or print a status page of the project board and each item. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hello Penney,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It will depend on what kind of information you would like to display, but I think that a good option to have list issues, currently statuses and other kinds of reports would be by using Dashboard Gadgets.

Most of the Gadgets available in a dashboard are configured based on a JQL filter, so you can define the gadget to be applicable to your business project by configuring that filter.

These would be steps to configure a dashboard with only your Project Gadgets:

1 - Navigate to your Issue navigator > Create a Query to return the issues from your business project > Save it as a filter:

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 19.39.31.png

2 - Create a new dashboard or simply navigate to an Existing One

3 - In your dashboard, Click to Add Gadget > Choose what kind of Gadget you would like to use and add it to your Dashboard. Tip: The Filter Results gadget is a good way to display the details of your issues in a list.

4 - In the Gadget Settings, configure it to be applicable to the filter you created

P.S: You can also use the Option View as a Wallboard, which will display the gadget's information in a slide presentation.

For more information, you can check the documentation below:

Configuring dashboards

Using dashboard gadgets

Let me know if this information helps. :)

Suggest an answer