How can I create a JQL search with a count on a specific field

Chris S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a filter, where i get an output, when at least 2 open issues are related to the same reporter.

For example

Ticket 1: Customer 1
Ticket 2: Customer 2
Ticket 3: Customer 1
Ticket 4: Customer 3
Ticket 5: Customer 3

Filter now should show me Ticket 1, 3, 4, 5

I hope this explains my aim well enough

Thanks in advance
Chris

4 answers

3 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

Hi Chris - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I think your best approach would be to create a filter that shows all of the issues on the project. 

Then create a dashboard and add a gadget for for Issue Statistics.

Then use Reporter as the Issue Statistic. 

2 votes
Rebekka Heilmann (viadee)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

Hi @Chris S_ and welcome to the Community.

With default Jira you cannot create a filter achieving that as you can't limit the results in terms of number of results or other conditions.

What are you doing with these issues? There might be Dashboard Gadgets that go in the right direction, but unsure why you need the filter to begin with.

Issue Statistics can give you total issue counts for instance.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 094409.png

1 vote
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2024

Hi @Chris S_ ,

With native functionalites, you cannot filter out issues based result count. However you can make pie chart or gadget in the dashboard to display the count data for reporter. Please find below sample screenshot for your reference.

2024-02-15_14-08-36.png

Thanks,
Avinash

0 votes
Chris S_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2024

Thanks a lot to everyone for your replies.

I want to create a Dashboard where all cases are shown from our customers or organizations, which have at least 2 open cases (Maybe some time in the future, this 2 will go up).
Currently the Dashboard shows about 600 issues, from which around 400 are opens from one reporter or around 300 from one organization. I looked for an option to filter this "one-reporter-entries" or "one-organisation-entries" out to have a better view

Suggest an answer