Duplicate emails from filter subscriptions (same senders/results)

Josef Sigl January 25, 2024

Some of the subscriptions of my filters I have configured for one group, are sending duplicate emails at the same time that I have designated them to be sent. I notice two things about this:

1. The results are completely identical.
2. The bottom of these emails have the same messages: "This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA (v9.4.14#940014-sha1:734e682)"

eMail 01:

eMail_01.png

eMail 02:eMail_02.png

Outlook:Outlook.png

3 answers

0 votes
Jill Fitzgerald
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

I have the same problem. I have subscriptions to several of my personal filters. Each one is sent twice - same time, same content, same Atlassian message at the bottom. 

This wasn't happening when the subscriptions were first set up. It started some time in the past few weeks. It's very annoying.

0 votes
Josef Sigl February 23, 2024

Hi Charlie, not really, because I'm not a member of the group "AT_CPBS-SD HotlineMail".

I just set up the subscription for this group.

And then I set up a “personal” subscription for myself

Thanks anyway for your thought

grafik.png

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2024

Hi Josef,

Does everyone get it twice?

I found a bug that was closed without resolution a long time ago. When multiple groups are subscribed to a filter users will get an email for each group they are a member of: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-24647

Could this explain your case?

Josef Sigl February 23, 2024

Hi Charlie, not really, because I'm not a member of the group "AT_CPBS-SD HotlineMail".

I just set up the subscription for this group.

And then I set up a “personal” subscription for myself

Thanks anyway for your thought

grafik.png

Suggest an answer