Default reporter in SIL mail handler

Seenee mp3
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

Hello everyone,
We are using a mail handler and have encountered a need to complicate its logic. We want to use the sil mail handler, but unlike the default Jira mail handler, it does not have the ability to set a default reporter, which is why emails from unregistered users do not reach the handler at all, and are processed only from existing users.
Can someone help with custom processing of emails from unregistered users as well?

1 answer

0 votes
Anna Hryhoruk _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

Hello @Seenee mp3 ,

This should be possible with SIL mail handler since the configuration is written in sil script, so you can add there what you need. 
But just to be sure of your requirements, please confirm if my understanding is correct. So, when you get an email from some user email and there is no user in Jira with such an email, you need to create a jira ticket but the reporter should be automatically selected as some particular user, let`s say "Automation". Is that correct? 

Best regards,
Anna

Seenee mp3
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2024

right

Suggest an answer