Dashboard view over multiple projects - how do I customise the way results are sorted?

Thomas Preston
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Hi there!

I have created a filter which references a number of separate projects and returns tickets which have certain statuses set. This filter is then used in a dashboard which I've created.

I'd like to customise how the results are displayed, i.e. so that anything with the status of 'In Development' is listed first, followed by 'Ready for Development', 'To Do', 'Backlog' etc.

Is there a way of customiseding the 'Order by' operator to produce the desired results?

Any other suggestions are appreciated :)

Thanks, Tom

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Thomas Preston ,

Having one gadget with all statuses even ordered might work but you would have to hard to find when specific tickets are starting. 

I think that making separate JQL filters for each status and making a dashboard with more gadgets would give you more flexibility and visibility. 

You can then order gadget with "In development" first or on top and define different color than other statuses. It would be also faster to view all from a specific group. 

Suggest an answer