Custom workflows and templates

kalden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024
I have a custom workflow, task type, and field configuration that I'm managing on a Data Center instance. Certain projects need this workflow added to them and it's a bit of a pian to do so currently (A bunch of manual steps, which can be error prone)
What I'd like to do: At project creation time, or after, apply these customizations in one shot. Is there a straightforward way to do this? Should I look to marketplace plugins?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi Kevin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you have a project that you want to use as a model, then great. If not, create a "template" project by simply creating a problem and set all of the schemes the way you want them. 

Then as you create new projects, go through the normal process:

1. Click on Projects, select Create Project

2. Then select Create with shared configuration

Screenshot.png

0 votes
Tyler Woolstenhulme March 8, 2024

Hi @kalden

I'd be glad to work through the use case with you, whether it is attempting to use native Jira functionality or potentially through plugins that assist with these items.  I am a Sr. Solution Advisor for the Workflow & Automation category.  Let me know if you'd like to connect.  Have a great weekend! 

Suggest an answer