Can I use JIRA to document details of components to be pushed to client server

ADConsultancy March 19, 2024

Hi,

My organization uses an excel sheet to document what are the parts of project that will be pushed to client server. This is quite challenging in many aspects and I was hoping there is a way to move it to Jira where I can log all the details in Jira. There should be an option to review the updates by senior engineer and revert it back to software engineer if any thing is missing. It should have multiple options like in tables, if it's only structure or structure and data migration or if it's a manual update on client server. Same way with code.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2024

Hi @ADConsultancy 

Certainly! Transitioning your project documentation from Excel to Jira is great for streamlining your deployment process. Jira's flexible platform supports creating, reviewing, and updating deployment tasks, ensuring everything is tracked and managed efficiently. With built-in collaboration features, your team, including senior engineers, can easily oversee and refine tasks, making the process more dynamic and responsive to changes. This shift will undoubtedly enhance your team's ability to deliver high-quality client work.

I would suggest taking a look at the Atlassian Documentation: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

ADConsultancy March 24, 2024

Hi Melo,

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help me much. I have gone through the guides but finding what I need is finding needle in haystack. If you can point me to a specific area of the guide where I can find the information or if there is a demo.

Also, one important aspect I forgot to mention was at each phase stake holder needs to sign or approve it.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events