Can I include Epics that have a certain team selected and those that are empty?

Veronica Williams December 6, 2023

I have a filter that I'm working on to display our epics. I had excluded two teams I didn't want it to display using JQL, but it was also excluding the epics that don't have teams assigned. I need to have those epics without a team field returned. I need help writing to JQL to achieve this. I tried some different things with Team is Empty, but I couldn't get what I needed. 

This is my current JQL with the team logic removed.

project in (X, X, X) AND issuetype = Epic AND createdDate >= startOfYear() AND status != "Will not do"

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

Hello @Veronica Williams 

Try this:

project in (X, X, X) AND issuetype = Epic AND createdDate >= startOfYear() AND status != "Will not do" AND (Team is empty or Team in (X, Y, Z))

...specifying the teams that you do want to include, or try this specifying the teams you want to exclude:

project in (X, X, X) AND issuetype = Epic AND createdDate >= startOfYear() AND status != "Will not do" AND (Team is empty or Team not in (A, B, C))

Veronica Williams December 7, 2023

This worked, thank you! I couldn't figure out how to get the two states for Team to work together. 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer