Calculating a response time based on first comment

Emily Fox November 29, 2023

I am using Jira Service Management and have a company managed project setup. I want to be able to use an SLA that will calculate the time from when a ticket is opened to the first comment that is made. I created a custom field called First Response Date Time and set an automation rule to populate the date and time of {{now}} when a comment is made. That part is working great.

Now I am trying to figure out how to report on the time between when the ticket was opened and the time stamp in that field happened. 

I setup another automation to run when the First Response Date Time field is set to populate another custom field called Calculated First Response Time. The rule is running 'successfully' but nothing is being calculated. This is what I have set in the rule:

{{[issue.created].diff(issue.[First Response Date Time]).[hours]}}

I do not want to pay for additional apps at the moment but just want to be able to do this with what we have setup. Does anybody have a way they are calculating response time based on creation date and comment date that is working?Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.28.51 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emily Fox December 1, 2023

I got this to work by updating the automation rule to be:

{{issue.created.diff(issue.fields.customfield_10125).hours}}

Suggest an answer