Add people to new Kanban board

Jacques Lowies April 23, 2021

I have created a new Kanban board on our one project. This project has various kanban boards for various team members. On the other Kanban boards, when I open them, I can see round icons/avatars of all the people on the board, but on the new one I can only see myself, unassigned and one user.

How do I go about adding the rest of the people I want to have access to this board so that when we are on the board we can see them in the list of people?

I have tried to assign a call to another person and made the task the issue type that is linked to this board but they still do not show when I open the Kanban board.

Kanban Users.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Jacques Lowies , 

these round icons that you see are Quick Filters : if you click on one of these, it will show the issues assigned to that person.

It is not a list of people who can access your board, as anyone on your project can see and access all the project boards.

You can have a look at the boards documentation here : https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-a-company-managed-board/

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Jacques Lowies April 23, 2021

Thank you Alexis. That makes sense.

Now I am faced with another problem.

I have created some tasks:

Open tasks.PNG

But when viewing the board the people and the tasks are not showing:

Kanban board.PNG

Not sure what I did wrong here that the issues are not appearing on the board. They are assigned on this board.

Suggest an answer