automation rules help

Clare Lawson June 20, 2022

Hello! I have a question on automation. I just created a custom field where I want our help desk to put information on what kind of triage they did before they escalate a ticket to our IT team.  The tickets are already connected meaning if they put the help desk ticket into triage, it creates a new ticket for IT.  How do I take the information from the custom triage field on the help desk ticket and have it appear on the new IT ticket? 

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Guy Thorsby June 20, 2022

@Clare Lawson I'd first ensure that the issue screen has your custom field visible and then ensure your automation rule is populating that field in the issue created for IT. May or not be everything but some starters that you may need to do. I'm sure others will chime in here. 

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

If the custom field is on the creation or edit view screen. From there when you creat the new issue with automations for Jira you will want to make sure a few things on the newly created ticket. 

Using the linked issue field and setting the dependancy correctly for the link. 

Setting the custom field you need to the new issue and copy from trigger issue. 

As was stated the most important is to make sure the field is on the right screen. 

0 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Also read up on smart values as they will let you combine data from multiple fields into  variables that can be used in automation

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

hi @Clare Lawson ,

the exact solution depends on where you are trying to add that information. I am assuming that the same field exists in the second ticket that is created and you simply want to copy the field. Assuming this is the case the below should work for you. Please advise.

Note in the example below I simply chose work in progress as the new status since I don't have a triage status. And then I chose environment for the field to update since I don't have a triage reason field. This is make sense?

2022-06-20_13-51-06.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events