Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find inbound email logs for the site-wide email?

James Nelson February 27, 2024

We have a mix of projects (Jira Service Management in this case), some of which have dedicated emails to open tickets (and they have very helpful email logs), but we have some projects that just use the generic jira@<our-site> email for responding to existing tickets (they can only use the portal to create tickets, but use email to comment on existing tickets). 

I'm trying to track down a couple emails that were sent and delivered to jira@<our-site>, but didn't result in the comment being added to the ticket.  

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Nelson February 29, 2024

Looks like this is not available in Jira Cloud currently.  Feels like this would be pretty important. [JRACLOUD-73011] Provide access to the Incoming mail logs - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

0 votes
Jeramy Spring February 27, 2024

@James Nelson - If you have access to the Log folder (C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\Jira\log - on a Windows machine), there is a log called "atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log". That might have some info that helps.

Oh, I'm using an add-on called Last Log (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211604/last-log-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter ) to view the log in the UI.

2024-02-27_15-31-47.png

Should I have specified this is Jira Cloud that I'm using?  I assumed it would be implied, since I posted this in the Jira Cloud section.

0 votes
Jeramy Spring February 27, 2024

I found that article, but it still says to go to the Project Settings > Email Requests to view these logs, which is only for the project-level email boxes.

0 votes
Clare Lawson February 27, 2024

In your Service Project, go to 

Project Settings

Email Requests

Choose View Logs

A list of tickets will appear.  If you hit the ellipses at the end you will have an option to download the raw data.

On this project, Project Settings > Email Requests just shows the "Turn on Email Requests" because we don't allow emails to open tickets.  It's only allowed for commenting on existing tickets.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events