Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you knew you were ready to pass the Jira Administrator certification?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi all!

I was wondering how long it took you guys to obtain the Jira Cloud Admin certification (ACP-120). I'm planning on giving the exams soon. I've passed successfully the jira project management (ACP-620) certification, and I've got almost a full year of experience (hands-on on being a Jira Admin).

I've taken the prep quiz with the sample questions and I've got 51/59 correct. However, I think that I shouldn't be more cautious and down to earth, when giving this exam.

What about you?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

I think you should do it to check what the exam is like, standard preparation is often not enough and most people don't pass the exam the first time. Doing it will help you a lot to understand what you are going to find and if you don't pass it will give you some indicators on what you need to improve.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Ignacio Aredez

Taking the exam and paying 250$ just to see how the exams are, seems like a lot to invest. I think that I'd rather study a bit more and then take the exams. Don't forget that I've already given the Project Admin Certification, and I have a good sense of how this exam is going to be.

However, the "indicators" you are talking about is a decent argument. If I'll be able to save some money, then I would go for it!

Thanx!

0 votes
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

I would suggest taking the Atlassian University Course and join the Cohort.  Make sure you really understand the different groups, permissions, email configurations, differences between team managed and company managed projects, etc.   The course and the cohort really helps you define a study plan and preps you for the test.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

Hi @Kathi Paquet

Thank you for your reply! I've taken the course via the University. Unfortunately I wasn't able to join the accelerator program, since I had to implement a solution for a client. How many years of experience did you had, before taking this exam?

Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

Well, I have been working with JIRA when it was called Greenhopper ;)

Now let's put that into perspective, ALOT of functionality changed and to me it is irrelevant.  

My recommendations from the course:

• Not everything on the test was reviewed or explained in depth with the course.  For example, the email configurations was briefly discussed so really know the functionality around emails.
  • Understand the key difference between Team and Company managed
  • Understand workflows, permissions, and security
  • Understand the functionality of users and groups (how they are used, what functionality uses what users and groups and roles, etc.)

If you understand the above and can troubleshoot issues, then you will do good.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events