URGENT help please SLA's views on tickets in projects vs SLA views on customer portal.

Vanessa Becker November 1, 2021

Hi admins!

So I have set up SLA on my priorities. See attached picture which i have done.

I see the time to resolution / my missed SLA's in my project in my queues and on the tickets on my project. Note attached pictures.

How do I add the time to resolution field to my customer portal for my customers to see on their dashboard and on their tickets when they open it from the portal so that they can see the same on the portal?SLA's.jpgTime to resolution how do i add it to my customer portal ticket2.jpgTime to resolution how do i add it to my customer portal ticket.jpgTime to resolution in ticket.jpg

5 answers

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Sam Heks-Tuit November 1, 2021

You will need to get something like this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

Extension for Jira allows you to display SLAS (and most other things) in the portal.

3 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Indeed, with the default functionality this is not possible yet on Cloud. 

There is however a request for that you can follow. 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-325

To do it today you’ll need an app like @Sam Heks-Tuit suggests. 

2 votes
Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2021

An alternative that I used on server version (we have not moved our Service Desk project to the cloud yet), is to create a new field, make it visible in the portal and have some automation ( running in the background) to copy/update it from the SLA field.

Since the new field is a custom field, it can be displayed in the portal.

Amir Katz (Outseer)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

As of Dec. 2021, we have moved our Service Desk project to the cloud. However, our portal users don't need the SLA, so we have not migrated this hack to the cloud.

I can attest that the hack works - we wanted to display the assignee on the portal (which Jira does not let you do), so I created a field called 'Assignee display-only' (type 'user picker') and using automation on 'issue assigned' event, I copy the assignee to this field. Since it's a regular custom field, it can be added to the portal view.

Works like a charm.

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

@Vanessa Becker This is not possible with default jira SM. SLAs are shown only on Jira and not on customer portal.  

0 votes
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2021

I would suggest using Advanced Portal Reports for Jira Service Management | Atlassian Marketplace. Compared to Extension for Jira Service Management | Atlassian Marketplace, it is cheaper once you have more than 100 JSM agents or Jira users.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events