You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Created a company managed project from a team-managed project through a bulk move. Received many errors of mapping Project A -> Project B with Story -> X. No specific message--sorry I did not screen-shot the message. But it just indicated that I needed to set the target issue type. So, I set them all to Story -> Story and executed the move. The Issues moved, but the Roadmap did not. Errors were something like:
8 Issues have this problem
5 issues have this problem
... repeating 6+ more times with different number of Issues in each block (from 1 to 6ish)
When complete, the team-managed roadmap was gone. When re-created manually, the roadmap is not behaving as documented--that's another post... Thanks for your thoughts!!
Hi, before the moving issues between the projects you have to check you have the same fields on both projects, in team managed it is a bit tricky, and also I thing the structure (epic and it's child issues) is a problem, When I migrated the last time, I made the copy rather than move, and had to manually link the stories to epics again, did not figure out how to do it else without addons. The roadmap is based on start and due date and the sprints, the first should be possible to migrate (but because of the issue with epic...), the sprints need to be first created in the second project a issues moved to new sprints with bulk change before the move of issues.
Hello @Athas Mark,
Roadmaps will not move when moving from Team to Company managed projects.
Taken directly from Migrate between team-managed and company-managed projects
Things to keep in mind if you migrate from team-managed to company-managed
Team-managed projects and company-managed projects are technically quite different. Here's a few things to consider when you migrate from a team-managed software project to a company-managed software project:
- Board statuses: If you customized your team-managed board, you'll need to set up the same statuses in your company-managed project's workflow. Only Jira admins can create and modify statuses and workflows
- Custom fields: If you use custom fields in your team-managed project, a Jira admin needs to recreate the fields and add them to screen schemes and field configurations in your company-managed project. Custom field data will need to be recreated, otherwise it will be lost.
- Issue types: If you added your own issue types to your team-managed project, you'll need to have a Jira admin recreate these using an issue type scheme that they associate to your new company-managed project.
- Project access: Access to company-managed projects is controlled by a permissions scheme. Only your Jira admin can update your company-managed project's permission scheme.
- Project and issue keys: Project keys are unique and can never be reused in Jira. If you migrate your issues to another project, they will get new keys and the new project must have a different key of its own. If you migrate your issues using the process above, Jira will automatically redirect any links to your old issue keys.
- Reports: Reports data won't be saved. Even though your issues will be retained, data for your project's Velocity and Burnup reports won't transfer over, and will be lost.
- Story points estimation: This data will be lost. This is because the custom field that Jira uses to store estimates in company-managed projects (Story points) is different to the custom field used in team-managed projects (Story point estimate).
I hope that helps!