Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Lists

Clare Lawson March 30, 2023

Hi All!

Is there a way in a team managed project to create separate Lists ?  I would like to have a list in one spot of all my projects in one place but separated by project.  So each project would have it's one separate task space.  

Does that make sense? 

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Pfankuch March 30, 2023

Have you tried to create an Epic that equates to your Project?   Then using the Epic list as a quick filter on your board.   

2 votes
Answer accepted
Karin van Driel March 30, 2023

Hi @Clare Lawson ,
I'm not sure I fully understood your need, but you can have a single dashboard showing gadgets with issues for each project. 

If you're looking for more of a board view, you can create a single board that pulls in issues from all projects you are interested in. You can then have filters for each of the projects if you want to focus your view within the single board, or perhaps swimlanes, so your issues are grouped together.

Lastly, a list is very similar to a filter view. You could have a filter that pulls together issues from all your different projects into a single view.

Not sure if any of that is what you were looking for.

P.S. If you're on an Enterprise license, you should be able to access Atlassian Analytics, which gives you even more control for reporting purposes, but not sure if you were looking for reporting or not.

Karin van Driel March 30, 2023

For simplicity, if you were not referring to Jira projects, but more real life projects, then @Jeff Pfankuch's suggestion is an easy way to organise your information into sections 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wendy McCurdy March 30, 2023

If I understand correctly, you would like to have one spot to see only a list all projects that belong to you group. This needs to be configured at the Admin level and the category is assigned at the project level. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-assign-and-delete-project-categories/

You are then able to create a Dashboard using the Project Gadget and configure the widget to pull in that category of project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events