cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveraging Issue Level Security to control access to designated Issue Type

Dan_Anas September 28, 2021

Hi, Everyone!

I hope you're well. 

I'm looking for a sans-scriptrunner solution to limiting visibility/access to a certain issue type/queue.

I would like my Database Administrators issuetype to be limited to members of the Database Administrators project role to view and work on. 

I am running into an issue with embedding the issue security level within the issue. Here are the methods I've attempted so far:

Method #1 - Post Function

Using a post function within the Database Administrators workflow that sets the issue security level based on Reporter group membership

Post Funtion.JPG

Blocker - It doesn't appear that the issue security level is not being appended to the issue at the 'Create' transition. 

Method #2 - Automation Rule

Automation Rule set to trigger upon creation of request of  "Database Administrators" issuetype in our designated Project, which will then alter the value for 'Security Level' to "Database Administrators"

Automation Rule.JPG

Blocker - Error Recieved - 

Edit issue
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
Method #3 - Embed within the issue view
Mapped 'Security Level' field to appropriate screen > Attemped to add a field to the issue view and cannot select any value but, 'None' & cannot select 'None' as a default value. 
issue sec 1.JPG
issue sec 2.JPG

Blocker - Error Recieved - "You must enter a preset value for a hidden field."

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Lynne Ratcliffe September 28, 2021

May be a silly question but have you created your issue security scheme and set the issue security permission for the Jira automation user?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

Richard Fay September 29, 2021

This. Your Automation user does not have access to edit the Security Level. You should set up a Security Scheme and be sure to include the Automator in the Security Level, then it will set correctly. This is definitely the easiest approach of the three, and the one I would suggest. I've implemented something similar and it works fine.

Dan_Anas September 29, 2021

Richard + Lynne,

I appreciate the tip, greatly! I did not in fact have my Automation for Jira user provisioned with the 'Set Issue Security' permission, so thank you for that call out! I then added my Automation for Jira user to the Database Administrator security level as directed @Richard Fay & BAM! Gold advice! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it, you two!

Best,

Dan A. - Manager, The Service Desk at SurePrep

Like # people like this
0 votes
Shubham Burghate September 28, 2021

Please check if this link helps you Scriptrunner Script 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

He's looking for a solution without scriptrunner :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events