1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
AA_PH April 11, 2022

Sharing this... https://university.atlassian.com/student/collection/850385

Hope you can get more info

Brijesh April 11, 2022

The JIRA Fundaments course from Atlassian Univ is great and covers a good range of JIRA functionality for a beginner. Once you know the basic ropes then only way to up your knowledge is to use/practice it.

2 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2022

Start simple, with free cloud tier, to play around: Request free Jira Cloud  

Don't install any apps - you need to see what you get in Jira out of the box :) 

Read all built-in Jira guides - don't skip it

When you have your own playground, start some Atlassian university courses, start with free courses for beginners: Atlassian University - filter: beginner + free 

Practice what you learn along the way of courses. Explore and try to 'manage' some of your processes eg. make a weekly plan, with all 'to do' stuff and scheduled events.

Then move to more advanced courses and search for other resources - there are plenty of YT videos

1 vote
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Atlassian also has a youtube channel that is great! https://www.youtube.com/c/Atlassian 

1 vote
Erick Miranda Márquez April 12, 2022

And don't forget the resources site

0 votes
Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Rifdhy Hassen 

I am not sure if learning Jira 'quickly' is at all possible. Every new skill require time to learn and practice. You begin with simple things and gradually increase the level of difficulty. This requires time - every time.

However, it is usually a challenge to have a good roadmap where to start and what good materials there are available. 

Some time ago I created an e-book for Jira Administration beginners who visit my blog. Recently I updated it with some newly available materials. Maybe this is something that will help you too.

https://jlabnotes.com/teach-yourself-jira-administration-ebook/

Jira Admin Pack Cover 160.png

0 votes
Sarah Spalding April 12, 2022

Take advantage of the Atlassian community. Ask questions like this one! If you think of something you want Jira to do, and you cannot find it in the documentation, ask!! I've found the Atlassian Community to be the best support group around. Their combined knowledge is amazing. 

0 votes
kkundi April 12, 2022
0 votes
Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

You can subscribe to Jira Cloud and play around with it for free for 1 month. Then you can renew subscription. Practice makes perfect.

There are plenty of project templates there. Create a project from template, check it out how they make workflows and other stuff and fit to your organization. Templates are pretty good to get a general knowledge on how things can be done. 

And the most important rule - always set Resolution when you move your issue to a final state.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

The really easy answer to this is just "use it".  As a user, you will find all sorts of interesting ways you might want to try out and as an admins supporting those people, you are going to get asked a lot.

I have been here a while and I am still learning from "can Atlassian stuff do ..." questions daily

Play with it, try things out, think about your people who just want stuff to work for them. You will help and learn at the same time.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events