Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give a contractor App Configuration permissions

Clare Lawson September 8, 2022

Hi All!

I have a contractor who I want to be able to manage an App called XRay in a team managed project.  I don't know how to do this without giving her full access.  Any tips?  

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Haddon Fisher September 8, 2022

X-Ray is installed at the instance level, but it gets configured per-project.

You can grant them administration access and they can set it up for that project. Just maybe make sure you're OK with all of the other stuff they get with project admin access also 😀

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@Clare Lawson -

Can you clarify on what you mean by manage an app (add-on) against a team managed project?  Management of add-ons is at the Jira Administration level by default.  However, how add-ons are used in projects may be different - some add-ons where project admin can configure/customize without the need of being a Jira administrator.

You should also contact the vendor (XRay) if needed for further assistance, unless the add-on management requires Jira Administrators rights.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Laiba Laiba khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 5, 2024

Our contractor services are synonymous with reliability and quality. With a skilled team, we excel in construction projects, offering expertise, professionalism, and a commitment to delivering exceptional results on every endeavor.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events