Former ORG & Site Admin

Alexandre Arsenault January 11, 2022

Hi everybody.

A former employee was the ORG and the Site admin of our Jira Service desk and Software projects.

He have been gone for a year and a half but his user is still present in the Atlassian Administration page. 

He is ORG & Site Admin so I can't remove or edit his account.

Any way I can revoke his access and make me ORG & Site Admin ?

Thanks a lot and happy new year !

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Alexandre Arsenault ,

Only another ORG admin can revoke his access, if he was the only one you'd best open a support call at https://support.atlassian.com/contact to have Atlassian interfere directly on your instance.

Alexandre Marcoux January 11, 2022

To clarify, you must be ORG + Site admin, set the role of the old Admin to basic user, then you can revoke acces. You can't revoke access prior to changing the role.

As Dirk says, you must be a ORG + Site admin to do this.

Like # people like this
2 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

I had a similar situation. We reopened the leavers mailbox to interact with his account and remove him.

I’d need to double check the exact steps. I think we used it to do a password reset to get in as the leaver and set a new ORG admin.

James N_ January 11, 2022

This is what we had to do as well.

Seemed like Atlassian could handle this from their side, but they made us go through all of this to get it done.

1 vote
Craig Brenner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

I've encountered this a few times. For us, the fastest resolution was to email support@atlassian.net and explain our situation. They can remove and replace on your behalf. If you can reactivate the old users email, login under their account, select change password, then relog in after receiving email confirmation at their old email.

Then change Site and ORG admin to the new user.

Holly Roseberry January 12, 2022

Support wouldn't remove and replace for us, instead asking us to go through our IT to access the former admin's email.

0 votes
Holly Roseberry January 11, 2022

I'm going through the same thing. However, we can't access our admin's email, because he is still with the company, just in a different division. We've been waiting weeks (months?) for him to reply to our request ...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events