Email address on my profile

Vanessa Becker December 29, 2021

Hi Admins!

I am moving to a new company but don't have an email address yet.

If try to update my email address on my profile from my old work email to my personal email  on the admin page  i get an error  as per the below as my personal email address is used as my test account. 

Sorry, we couldn't change your email

Hi

Your email change request could not be processed because ?? is already associated with another Atlassian account.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

@Vanessa Becker you can also put in a support request and they can migrate your data from one email account (Atlassian acctount) to another account. I have done this in the past when I had so much data from the community and badges and I wanted to retain them. 

1 vote
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker 

Did you go through this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html

Also there are few Related Contents in the same KB which says about similar error please check them out too

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Shaun Newman January 4, 2022

Atlassian accounts are tightly bound to the email address used and cannot be used more than once. In your scenario it looks like you already have another Atlassian account on your personal email.

If the Migration route above isn't an option for you you'll need to use a different email address.

If you're personal email is a Gmail address you might be able to get away with using the alias format so if your address is mygmail@gmail.com try temp.atlassian.mygmail@gmail.com

You can setup a filter in Gmail to push messages into a folder for the time being and then when your new mail comes through hopefully you can switch over easily enough to the new work one.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events