Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Wiki

Vanessa Becker June 4, 2021

I have started using the confluence section in Jira to move all our past wiki’s from vsts and I have run into quite an annoying issue.

Attached is a screen shot of the editing tool bar now the problem is its not fix to the top so now what happens is when the wiki gets long I have to scroll all the way to the top to choose an action to apply to text.

So currently I “hacked” the css of the page (in the screen shot) to make that tool bar fixed so when I scroll down it flows over any of the already created parts. Now normal users won’t know how to hack the css and will lead to user frustration.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

I can't see the screenshot, but I'm assuming you used DevTools to inject some css to rearrange the page layout.

Unfortunately it's not possible to apply custom css to Confluence Cloud. If this is a critical feature, then you may wish to have a look at Refined for Confluence Cloud. This isn't a simple rebrand, but it allows you to build an entirely new site, e.g. https://decibel.refined.site which will require some consideration and thought.

If you provide some more info about what your CSS does, then there may be other solutions, but rearranging the page is likely to be challenging.

Cheers, Jimmy

Jira Confluence.pngJira Confluence problem.png

Thanks Jimmy

Herewith the screen shots

Like lora_grancharova likes this
0 votes
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

You may consider using the old confluence editor. It still has more functionality than the new one.

Please note that on the screen shot the publish option is on the bottom.old editor.png

Sarah Elmer June 4, 2021

Just one of many reasons why I haven't switched to the "new" (but lacking) editor.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events