Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Comment Rule

Vanessa Becker September 17, 2021

Hi Admins!

Is there a rule that you can setup for the following:

In Jira Software

Create a rule that if you tag a certain alias in a comment then it copies the comment to the internal notes on the Jira Service Management side?

1) Can you create an alias to tag?

2) What rule do I set up if I want it to be copied to the internal notes of my service desk instance?

3) Software and Service desk is on the same instance

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Hi Vanessa,

I don't think you are going to be able to tag an alias at all. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 

Vanessa Becker September 19, 2021

Hi John

We would like to the Jira Software comments to update in the Jira Service Management ticket but only for the internal team to see it. We don't want customers to see it.

Thank you

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2021

Are you clicking on the Internal link before adding our comment? 

Vanessa Becker September 20, 2021

Jira  Software only has one place you can update comments it does not give you an option to comment internal or external or am i understanding your question incorrectly?

We need a way that if we update in Jira Software it needs to update the internal notes on the Service Management ticket. (if it is a linked ticket ofcourse).

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Vanessa Becker

There are several apps on the Marketplace for this.

- Exalate 

Elements Copy and Sync 

My suggestion is to try them out.

These apps can hold linked tickets from JSM to Jira Software in sync or the other way around.

Cheers,

Marc

Like Manoosh Majdzadeh likes this
Armand Luziau_Elements_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Marc Koppelaar,

Thanks for mentioning us!

@Vanessa Becker our app Elements Copy&Sync allows you to update comments from Jira Service Management tickets to Jira Software tickets.

I invite you to take a look at these two support documentation explaining how this can be done:

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Armand

Like Simon Laffont likes this
0 votes
Oliver Wemyss September 17, 2021

Not sure about creating "alias or tags" in the comment body, but if you have a way already to identify the destination JSM issue, say in the case the  Software issue was created from the issue in the first place, you could use a keyword filter to pass the comment body only if it contained the keyword.

Your trigger would be issue-created/updated and comment body filtered by your keyword and has issue link with action to internal note.

I did this with a "#sync" tag but outside automation for Jira, but the same should work in automation.

good luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events