Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign specific projects to people in free plan

Jorge Alastuey August 3, 2023

Hello everybody

How can I assign specific projects to people and not see the rest of the company's projects while using the free plan?

Is there any guide that explains it well? 

I have a hard time understanding it

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

6 votes
Answer accepted
Wolfgang -Litew8 GmbH-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2023

Hi,

since you are using Jira free plan, you are not able to change the project role assignment (people tab) or change the permission scheme. 

Native Jira has the free for all concept. So everyone sees every project.

Read more on limitations of Jira's free plan. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/limitations-in-jira-cloud-free-plans-1097175877.html

Project permissions, roles, and issue-level security aren't customizable in Jira Work Management and Software Free.

Jorge Alastuey August 4, 2023

Thanks Wolfgang

Unfortunately, I expected it

1 vote
Warren Kent August 3, 2023

You can assign users to roles, specific to a project, by adding the user to the desired role under the project's settings.

Go to Projects (under the settings cog)
Find the project you want the user to have access and click on Project Settings (the ellipses)
Go to Summary (Left panel)
Under Roles, click on "View project roles"
Click add people
Type in users name/email and choose the role you wish to assign to the user

This will allow the user to have access to this project only and have the permissions that are assigned to him based on the role selected.

I unfortunately am not familiar with the behavior or limitations of the free plan, this is based on the standard cloud license we work with.

0 votes
Rachel Tang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2023

Hi @Jorge Alastuey I'm Rachel, a Product Marketing Manager at Atlassian. Are you new to Jira Software? I would love to learn more about your experience with our product, let me know if you have ~20 minutes for a quick chat and I can set up some time for us via email. Looking forward to meeting you! 😊

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events