Small Team (under 10 users) Administration

Roman Sirochinsky October 3, 2022

Any pointers on how to manage space are welcome!

3 comments

Comment

I was able to see a list of attachments in my instance and I was able to delete large attachments.

Now, I do not see this option to review attachments or large files.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

@Roman Sirochinsky -

Can you clarify of your asks?  Is this related to Confluence or Jira/JSM?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Sierra Valdez October 3, 2022

The statement of "manage space" seems to indicates Confluence. 

@Roman Sirochinsky  are you using Free, Standard, Premium, or Enterprise Plan?

Wea re using a free plan, we have up to 10 users at a time.

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

I administer an enterprise Cloud instance at work, but a free Cloud instance at home to manage our family activities. 

On the free tier, you have 2Gb of space. 

In your position, I would do my best to:

1. Monitor and remove duplicate issues;
  2. Use links rather than attaching files and images;
  3. Try to move massive conversations about issues to another modality (email, slack, etc...)
  4. Set up automations to notify admin about "Stale" issues and keep them moving or toss them;
  5. Set up a script to export statusCategory "Done" issues some length of time after the last statusCategoryChange, and then delete them (alternately, export the older issues to JSON or CSV manually - but still delete them). 
Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2022

Hey @Anne Saunders , this is some great tidying up advice!

I'd just like to clarify that the 2 GB storage limit only accounts for uploaded attachments (files and screenshots). The issues themselves don't count against storage limits. And as you mentioned, linking to attachments that are hosted elsewhere doesn't count against the storage limit either.

The issues themselves (custom fields, descriptions, text-only comments, etc) don't pose any storage considerations. Just the uploaded files and screenshots!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Like Anne Saunders likes this
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

That's awesome to know! I've probably been being a lot more careful than I need to :D 

Like Daniel Eads likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events