Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira cloud in parallel universe

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2024

We love Jira cloud but how it will be in the parallel universe

Jira in parallel universe

• It will have all the server apps in the cloud so we don't have to search for an alternative.

• It will have the same custom field IDs so we don't need to re configure the workflows after the migration.

• It will have the same issue navigator functions from the server.

• Confluence will be included with Jira license.

• we can clone a custom field with its values to create a new field

• Link issue - type can be modified per project

• Jira work management overview feature is available in Jira software also.

What are your thoughts on how Jira Cloud would exist in a parallel universe?

**Please note that this is a lighthearted discussion.**

7 comments

Comment

Rob Mkrtchian April 10, 2024

Splendid list. Last point got my attention, and wanted to ask why would you need overview/summary tab on Jira Software when you have "Dashboard" feature?

Like Haddon Fisher likes this
Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2024

- Jira Work Management wont exist (useless)

- Jira Software, Jira SM and Product Discovery will be a single product, where you can toggle features from each, depending on your license

- Workflows will have an extense list of features for conditionals, validators and post-functions

- Field Configuration will cease to exist, Layout and Screens will be merged as one thing.

- JQL will receive more functions and become actually useful

Nathalia Figueira de Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

In my Jira parallel universe, I'd be able to filter the gadgets in the Dashboards!!! This is my dream! It would save me soooo much time setting up zillions Dashboards :') 

Like Carmen Nadeau likes this
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2024

For what it's worth Nathalia Figueira de Oliveira, the Rich Filters plug-in is pretty great. I don't work there, but have been a user for 5+ years and it's the best dashboard plugin I've found.

UPDATE: Found my overview doc for Rich Filters; apologies for the formatting!

Nathalia Figueira de Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

Awesome @Haddon Fisher ! Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out :)

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2024

Dynamic gadgets for a Dashboard is a must, especially with JSM. When a client call, you need to access his/her issues and assets as fast as possible

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2024

Where to begin! Off the top of my head and with an implicit +1 for everything that's already been said...

• Better administration UX generally (bulk updates, "where is this used", etc.)
  • The ability to rename groups and have non-Site admins manage any which don't convey licences
  • Permissioning based on 'Teams'
  • This is sort of covered by Mauricio Heberle ("Jira Software, Jira SM and Product Discovery will be a single product, where you can toggle features from each, depending on your license" which absolutely yes) but specifically - Customer Portals for Not-Service-Management projects

More abstractly...

• More attention paid to UX consistency (i.e. stop introducing new patterns to solve the same problem)
  • More attention paid to customer asks\requests\needs when scheduling the roadmap
  • Better support and enablement for add-ons, so there is less they can't do
  • Less blatant nickel-and-diming

UPDATE: Had I thought of this one, I think I would have just written it instead of the book: "Team managed projects were implemented with all of the rough edges already filed off". So much untapped potential but so painful right now.

Like Mauricio Heberle likes this
Susan Waldrip April 10, 2024

In a parallel universe, our JSM would set up, update, maintain, clean up, modify, and expand itself based on my thoughts alone while I sat back with a cup of coffee and watched. 

Like # people like this
Ricardo.Gomes April 10, 2024

You forgot to mention, in a parallel universe, Atlassian would actually listed to users and make changes without making you wait over 15 years just because it's a not a lucrative move...

Martin Kovalcik April 15, 2024

Surely there would be priority schemes.

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2024

These are coming! And they're mostly ok.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events