Atlassian Administration - cannot remove 'UNVERIFIED' orphaned accounts

Paul Cooper April 12, 2021

In my purge of our Atlassian administration, I have located 9 x accounts 'UNVERIFIED'. These relate to incorrectly spelt user names, ex-employees that never needed access to jira and so on. There is not option, that I can see, to delete accounts in an 'UNVERIFIED' state. Has anyone come across a solution?

(Note: for the accounts I have deactivated, there is now an option available to 'delete' the account, I was expecting the same for unverified accounts).

Any guidance much appreciated.

4 comments

Comment

Haley April 12, 2021

@Paul Cooper Have you deleted the accounts you deactivated? I'm always cautious to do so as there is work they have done or documents they've created in Confluence and I wonder what happens to that information when the account is deleted.

Like maija.majesta.labsan likes this
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Looks like some other people have the same problem as discussed in this thread and there's a bug you can watch/vote for.

Like # people like this
Paul Cooper April 13, 2021

@Haley No I have not deleted deactivated accounts at this time, I too am concerned about orphaning assets. I deactivated them as we have recently introduced G-Suite integration which is pay per active user, the deactivation literally halved the monthly subscription estimate. Having said this I did delete an account that had never accessed any product and the email address was defunct.

@Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ , I have put a watch on the issue and marked it as affecting my team.

This worked a treat - I only have 6 x unverified accounts:

"

• Update the unverified Atlassian account email address(but keep the same email domain). When the email address of the Atlassian account is updated that Atlassian account is automatically verified due to the existing domain claim on the organization - from there, the Atlassian account can be deactivated or deleted

"

I used fred1@.... fred2@.... and so on

Like Warren Rowe likes this
Warren Rowe April 19, 2021

This works!

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2023

For this case, could we just unclaim those unverified accounts?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events