Any tips for a former admin?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Hi all

So I recently moved jobs - and my new place doesn't use Atlassian (yet!)...

I'm worried I will end up 'out of the loop' if I'm not using and administering the products every day.

Does anyone have any tips on staying current and up to date?

5 comments

Comment

Vanessa Becker August 5, 2021

Hi Liam

Why don't you set up your daily tasks in Jira and manage from their? If its only you its for free and you can still play around with all the admin functions.

Like # people like this
Warde Wynter August 5, 2021

what about offering your services ad hoc pro bono to an organisation that uses Jira but does not have a skilled up Admin person :-) 

or if you are feeling really brave and have a high level of patience, I could use a wise confidant to help me figure out how to allow external users limited access to Jira and Confluence .... :-D I am a little stuck! 

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Hey @Liam Green  Keep posting Answer on Atlassian Community, you will learn new things and up to date with new Atlassian product and features. 

Community keeps your knowledge alive :)

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 5, 2021

Certification!!! Atlassian Community!!! Adaptivist podcasts. Sorted. 😁👍

Like Kalin U likes this
Giovanny MACARTHUR August 5, 2021

I am looking for a Jira/Confluence admin in the Atlanta area. Best way to stay sharp is practicing your craft! ;-) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events