Additional Field Options - Advanced Issue Filter on Dashboard

Anthony Bell August 10, 2022

I'm trying to create a calculation based on the number of issues within a filter. For example, if I have 5 issues in Progress and 20 in "To Do" status, I'd like a formula that results in 25% of the tickets are in progress.

In the Advanced Issue Filter gadget, I don't see an Issue or Issue Count as Field Option. How can we bring in more field options? Where are these configured and how am I able to get a simple count of issues as a field within the defined variable section.

Thank you!

Capture.JPG

6 comments

Comment

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Welcome to the community @Anthony Bell 

I usually recommend Custom Charts for Jira add-on as this allows you to do that. 

I think the internal filter only allows what you see. 

If you would like to to the app store and look for Custom Charts for Jira. You will get 30 days free. 

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
KJ August 10, 2022

This looked interesting so tried it. 

I think you need to select Count instead of Sum and then it counts the number issue in the filter. You don't need to select a field. 

Advanced filter.png

Open percent.png

Like tara.privette likes this
Elke Heinrichs August 10, 2022

@KJ I learned something new. Thank you for your replay and solution. 

Amit Bansal August 10, 2022

Pls. try "2 dimensional filter statistics" widget to obtain total count against different status. This does not give information in percentage though.

Burak Özkanlı August 10, 2022

You can use Issue Statistics in Dashboard .image.png

When you create and add a filter for this gadget, you will see the gadget picture below (Statuses wiil look like this)

image.png

Brian Selewski August 11, 2022

Use the Pie Chart gadget and reference your filter, each section of the Pie will show the %. 

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2022

I am a big fan of the add-on "Rich Filters" for this type of thing. You can build a custom value and display it directly on your dashboard as a number. This is displaying different JQL-based categories, but it would appear visually the same:

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 1.29.31 PM.png

(I am not an employee of this vendor, just an aficionado of good reporting add-ons).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events