Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Access Program for Copy Product Data for Jira Service Management

Hi everyone!

I’m Swarna, a Product Manager on the Data Portability Team. I am thrilled to share that we are launching a new early access program for copying product data. This new feature will allow you to easily and reliably copy data from one instance to another in Jira Service Management.

We’ve recently launched similar functionality in Jira Software and Confluence, but this is the first time that teams in Jira Service Management will get a chance to test drive the functionality. With this feature, you’ll no longer need to import/export or move data from the Cloud to Data-Centre and back to the Cloud. To validate that this feature meets your needs, we invite you to join our early access program (EAP). 

Who are we looking for?

JSM cloud admins who:

• Are org admins

• Manage data across multiple cloud sites

• Use any edition (free, standard, premium, enterprise)

• Manage any number of users

Things to note

This is a preliminary offering that covers only the basic entities of Jira Service Management. Read more about what is supported before signing up.

How to sign up for the EAP

Step 1: Sign up here:

Step 2: We’ll reach out in early December '23 to confirm your participation.

Step 3: We will then provision your site(s) to allow you to copy product data from the Source site Jira Settings > System > Migrate Cloud Site

What’s in it for you?

• An opportunity to provide direct feedback to our product team, which will go into shaping this new copy data feature for everyone

• Engagement time with our product team

• Behind the scenes look at how we’ve built this feature and how it works

How long will this EAP run?

This EAP program will run for a maximum of 3 months from the start date for the team to evaluate the platform we have built. Atlassian reserves the right to end this EAP earlier if we have received satisfactory levels of customer feedback earlier. Based on the results, the product will then be available as a Beta later.

Questions

This EAP is one of many exciting things we’re building to empower your teams to do more with your data seamlessly within our platform. If you have any questions about this program, terms and conditions, or your eligibility for early access, feel free to comment below.

You can also raise a ticket here if you need more support with the EAP: https://earlyaccessprogram.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/38/group/40/create/205

10 comments

Alfredo Negrete October 10, 2023

Article mentions being able to move could to data center and back to the cloud but when you look at the details all it details is moving data on the cloud.  Will you also be able to move data in data center or is this specific to the cloud version?

Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2023

Hi @Alfredo Negrete 
In the absence of this feature, if a customer wanted to move data between two cloud sites, one way to achieve that would be to move data from cloud site A to data centre and then to cloud site B.

This feature enables customers to move data directly from cloud Site A to cloud Site B. There will be no data centre involved.

Hope that clarifies it.

Samiha Patel December 8, 2023

Hey @Swarna Mehta ,

Hello,

My name is Samiha Patel and I am writing to discuss a project I am currently working on. We are planning to move the JSM project from Cloud A to Cloud B, and we would like to do so directly without using the Jira data center. Our JSM project is on the Premium version and has over 4,000 tickets.

I would like to discuss this with you in more detail on a call and learn more about how the process works. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thank you,

Samiha

Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2023

@Samiha Patel Please reach out to me on email with your available slots. We will try to get on a call to understand more. We should be releasing to all signed-up customers by December 15th, 2024. 

It would be best if you could sign up via the form provided above so that we can track and release the feature to you too.

Regards

Swarna

Antoine _Klee Group_ January 17, 2024

Hi @Swarna Mehta do we have an ETA for the final version of this feature?

Could we expect it to arrive by Q2 or Q3 2024?

Like Swarna Mehta likes this
Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2024

@Antoine _Klee Group_ This feature will be available as an Open Beta to all customers by Q2 2024. You will see the Atlassian Public Roadmap updated with the same in the coming months.

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2024

@Swarna Mehta I've signed up for the EAP but it does not work for me. I created a ticket some weeks ago but I don't get a response. Could you please check? It's C2C-186 and C2C-170

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2024

Here's a list of the currently not supported things that are absolutely needed IMHO:

• Custom field language translations

• all Workflow functions
  • project-level automation rules
  • Custom issue type icons

• Assets

• Forms (and form data attached to issues)

• External resources

Like # people like this
Swarna Mehta
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2024

@Martin Boehme our records show that your site has been enabled as per schedule. However, a member of our team will reach out to you to check why you're unable to access it.

Thanks for your list of top priority entities that we don't support. This is an early access program and we're actively working on adding new entities so your list helps us prioritise items further. Most of it is already going to be supported by June 2024. However, Assets and Automation rules may take longer as they are more complex for us internally. But we're on it!

Like Antal Vig _ Communardo likes this
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Is this EAP still active?

We have an Enterprise customer who wants to move specific project data from the Prod JSM site to the Sandbox JSM.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events