🥇 Atlympics_Jira Admin_New joiner starter guide

Hello Atlympics,

It is a vital for any projects to have quick starter guide for new joiners. As part of On-boarding he/she should be given needed support and forum to understand, learn, accustom and perform.

Here's my starter guide index from Jira admin's hat to all new joiners:

• Walk through new joiner Jira project and role
  • Understanding issue types
  • Know the Jira difference between Scrum and Kanban templates? Understanding the template configured for the new joiner's project.
  • Navigate through Jira add-ons configured for project
  • Know your Jira dashboard and gadgets
  • Jira terminology
  • Understand existing workflow for project & steps for creating, accessing, transitioning. Finally, the path to raise request for workflow changes
  • Know your Jira fields and value
  • What are permissions and it's type
  • List of inbuilt Jira reports
  • Agile vs Issue analysis vs Forecasting reports. And when to use these reports

And my Trello planning board with the resources made available for project team members:

Jira admin.png

Happy reading.

Please post your comments, ideas, checklist items that can be included to make the onboarding kit more valuable.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

7 comments

Marion Richardson August 6, 2021

This looks useful, how can I actually access the information please?

Like • # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

Hi @Marion Richardson thank you for your time in reading the post. I have curated the content as per the call of the hour and it keeps updating as per audience types. Having said, I'm in the preparation of making a video tutorial. But at the moment, please explore concepts from Atlassian University free student catalogue courses 

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2021

looks good buddy. 

Like • G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

Thank you @Sajit Nair 

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2021

Another great job! Thanks again for sharing!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

This is cool @G subramanyam !

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

Thank you @Paloma Fondon Araujo and @Kishan Sharma  :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events