It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

program vision vs. program "priority" vision ?

ET I'm New Here Jan 21, 2020

Hi,
when capturing a program vision in Jira Align, it also asks me to add one or several "priority visions" below. Why is this (I always thought there can only be one vision) and how can I proceed without creating additional priority sub-visions ? Thx

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi ET,

Yes, you are correct, you start with one main program vision, where Product Management provides the overall, specific program context and vision. Next, the idea is to use the priority visions to further break down the vision into smaller vision statements, or sub or supporting visions--they are completely free form. For example, define how your competitors or your company's strengths and weaknesses fit into the overall vision. See the example below.

vision.png  

Basically, use the priority visions to help further define the vision--so that the parts help make up the whole. If you choose not to use the priority visions, just enter dummy text for the first priority vision or TBD as a placeholder. Hope this helps.

-Shawn

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Align

SAFe 5.0 announced! Let's discuss!

Last week in San Diego, Scaled Agile Inc announced the latest version of their SAFe framework (SAFe 5.0).  It was an awesome reveal and I'm curious what you all think about the new framework and...

903 views 11 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you