Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

north star field how to edit

manish a February 5, 2024

I can see the following fields i.e. north star in the forecast view. However can i edit it for an epic. 

2 answers

0 votes
Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2024

@manish a  The field currently being shown is the 4th level goal (highest level).  Your Jira Align admin can change the name of the field by going to Admin - > Terminology.  

manish a February 6, 2024

Thanks @Jennelle Stearns I want to edit the value of the north star field. not the field name. 

Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2024

@manish a I assume you are utilizing all 4 levels of goals, correct?  If not, you can't skip levels and just update this level of goal.  Yearly goal is the lowest level of goal that is tied directly to a theme.  This goal is always turned on.  If you think this is the level of goal that should be displaying here, I would recommend you open a support ticket by going to:  https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

The support team can tell you if ishowing the highest level of goal is a bug or not.  However, if you happen to be utilizing all 4 levels of bugs (you would need all 4 levels turned on under Admin-Platform Terminology in the Customize Pyramid Display section), then under Enterprise - > More Items -> Goals you can edit the current goals showing or you can add additional goals.  

If you don't have goals showing as an option under More Items, your admin would need to turn on that toggle for your system role (Admin - > Roles).

0 votes
Megha Rajanna_EMPYRA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2024

No, you cannot edit the "North Star" field for an epic. 

THANK YOU

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events