Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does a dependency from another team turning my feature red on my teams release train board

Oleg Appassov February 20, 2020

Why does a dependency from another team shows turning my feature red on my teams release train board

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 12.53.50 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

Hi @Oleg Appassov ,

Features are owned by programs/ARTS, not teams. If a dependency on a feature is at risk or committed to after it is needed, then the feature is at risk for all teams working on the feature.

The Committed By sprint is past/closed and the dependency hasn't been delivered, therefore the dependency and the related feature are red.

The team delivering the dependency could update the committed by sprint to the current sprint, assuming they will complete the work this sprint. That would change the dependency and the feature back to blue (in progress).

Regards,
Peter

Oleg Appassov February 20, 2020

Got it, I guess I was hoping it would show that this feature is at risk for the team that has that outstanding dependency not necessarily other teams as well. I saw that it creates multiple features across each teams so I figured it would be smart enough to flag features only for that particular team but from the release train perspective I get it. Thank you Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events