Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see a team to program dependency on the program board

Amy Bowley May 21, 2024

I have a team in program A that has created a dependency on program B (at the program team level). The dependency shows up in the full list of dependencies but it does not show up on the program board for program B.

Program A and B are on different PI schedules with almost identical sprint dates. We need to create it at the program level, vs the team level because we have a "disconnected" team. The team uses Align for features but doesn't have an integration with Jira, so they have no sprints or stories.

I would expect to see a row similar to the external dependencies for the program level dependencies on program B. Am I missing something to make this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

@Amy Bowley It could be a couple of reasons ...check to make sure the dependency is assigned to the correct Program Increment.

Amy Bowley May 21, 2024

The requesting team from program A associated the dependency with a feature in our current PI. The program they are dependent on was able to commit to a sprint date on their current PI calendar.

I see the dependency on the program A program board but not the program B board when looking at both of their current PIs.

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Ahh ...gotcha ...You are correct only the Team Dependencies show up in the swimlanes because the are Team-specific.  I guess it would be nice if another swimlane existed for Program/ART Level Dependencies.

1. If the Dependency will be met by the work of one team in the Program, it can be reassigned from the Program to that team.  This will resolve this issue as you expect.
  2. If the Dependency will be met the work of multiple Teams in the Program, you could ask the requestor to create multiple Dependencies to be tracked individually.
  3. The Respondent Program could create a Feature for "All work for Dependency X" and assign to various teams.  This would give you a visual, but not exactly what you want. See pic.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 9.49.13 AM.png

Amy Bowley May 24, 2024

@Allan Maxwell thanks for your response. Given the particular nature of our dependency being on a team that is "disconnected" (only uses Align at the feature level), option 1 won't work because the depended on team isn't an option in the team selection. That's why we chose program.

Sounds like it would just be an enhancement request to have program level dependencies show up on the depended on program's board similar to external dependencies at the bottom.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events