Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why aren't features mapping to their state in a process flow?

Kurt Smith August 30, 2021

I set up a process flow for features in Jira Align.  I assigned a state to each column.  When I bring up the feature kanban in Process Flow in the Feature Backlog the features are all mapping to the first column regardless of their state.  When I switch to State they all map correctly.  Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hey @Kurt Smith ! If you set up a Process Flow after the features already existed in Jira Align, they will default to Unassigned because the mapping did not previously exist. Is this the first column that you are referring to? The Process Step will not update until a change is made. When using a Process Flow, the Process Step/Developmental Step should be used to drive the State. However, if the State is changed, it should default to the first Process Step (for that State) in the Process Flow. 

0 votes
Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2021

Kurt,

Had you selected that it be mapped?

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.03.19 PM.png

If you have, then see Rae's response.

If you haven't, then you need to set up the mapping on the next tab
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.06.19 PM.png

Hope this helped and apologies if you have done this preliminary work already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events