Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Process Flows limited to one entity?

Stephanie Davis May 17, 2023

We created a Process Flow for Intake for Epics.  Then we tried to create another Process Flow for Product Marketing for Epics, but it seems that you can only have a single Process Flow per entity type.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2023

@Stephanie Davis You can have more than one process flow for a work item type (e,g, Features, Epics).  However, a Program (ART) can only be associated with one process flow per work item type.  For example, looking at the picture I have attached, the Mobile Program can only be associated to either the "Personal Banking Solution Jira Epics" process flow or the "Another Feature (Jira Epic Process Flow)" for the Feature Work Item Type but it can't be associated to both.

Snag_3393136d.png

Stephanie Davis May 18, 2023

Thanks for clarifying.  It still creates a limitation for us as we try to manage to a standard process across all of our Programs.

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2023

I may be misunderstanding, but if you want to have a "standard process across all" of your programs, this will work fine. You can create a process flow then assign it to many different programs. Then each program will use the same flow.

In @Jennelle Stearns message above, she says each Program (ART) can have just one flow for each work item type. But that flow can be shared by many different programs.

Stephanie Davis May 18, 2023

Right but I'm talking about two different processes that cross all the same Programs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events