You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
It appears there might be a mismatch between your User IDs in Jira and Jira Align. It looks like on 7/26 someone set the Owner in Jira Align. Then on 8/1 it looks like someone changed the Owner on the Jira side, and owner has '6871' in the identifier. But Jira Align can't match that to anyone, so blanks it out. Then on 8/3 someone set it back in Jira Align.
You might check with your Jira Align and Jira administrators to make sure the user accounts are getting set up correctly and there aren't duplicate accounts in one system or the other.
We had a very similar problem after our migration of Jira to the cloud. In our case, there were a couple of reasons. I've described the main one below, my suggestion would be to look at both applications and make sure there are no duplicate accounts.
As part of the migration, the AD group was updated to remove people no longer with the organization and address email domain changes. Initially this created duplicate accounts in Jira Cloud.
In Jira Cloud, if the person creating or updating the issue selected the wrong account, a second one was created in Jira Align.
In Jira Align, when someone noticed or selected the wrong account being used Jira would change it again.
Basically, no matter which application we tried to make the correction in it caused a conflict and kept changing back and forth.
To add to the mix, if someone that had left the organization wasn't part of the new AD group, Jira Cloud populated the field (reporter and assignee) with "Former User" which created an entirely new account in Jira Align by the same name.
To resolve this...
1. We worked with our internal team to de-activate the old email accounts in the AD Directory and cleaned up our Jira groups keeping only the correct email.
2. We updated the original user profile in Jira Align with the correct email and then worked with the Atlassian team to merge the two accounts. Bad accounts were deactivated.
3. The Former User issue is more difficult to resolve and does continue happening however we fix them as soon as possible and it does appear to happen less and less.
I'm not sure our situations are the same but they certainly sound similar. It was a definite lesson learned for us and any new migrations with a cloud application will have a lot more attention spent on the AD group(s) impacted!