Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Current_DW and Export_DW tables in Enterprise Insights?

Jason December 7, 2022

We are seeing more data in the Export_DW tables than the Current_DW tables coming from Enterprise Insights  Could you help me understand the difference between these two tables and what are uses cases of Export vs. Current?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

Hi Jason,

You may find this video helpful too in order to expand your understanding of the Jira Align Enterprise Insights Data Schema. Sam discusses export_dw and current_dw in the video as well as other useful topics.

Understanding the Jira Align Enterprise Insights Data Schema | Atlassian - YouTube

Mark Dodrill March 31, 2023

Outstanding, thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hey Jason!
This is an excellent question.

The "export_dw" schema is designed for those bringing the data into a data lake.

• It contains a "Date DW Modified" column on every view which identifies the last time that a row was modified in the EI database.  Incremental loading is very straightforward using this column.

• It contains a "Deleted Flag" to identify deleted rows in the source system.  "Soft Delete"

If you're writing reports directly (Tableau, Power BI,...) from Enterprise Insights data, I recommend using current_dw.

I hope this helps,

Derek

Jason December 7, 2022

This is very helpful.  A followup questions is why does the export_dw show more accurate info (meaning it matches what I see in the tool) for Sprint Team members than the current_dw?  Why would the current_dw seemingly be less accurate with what is currently shown in the tool UI?

Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

I'm not sure specifically what you're seeing in your environment but current_dw & export_dw are based on the same underlying table.  The only difference is that current_dw filters out deleted records.

Like Jason likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events