Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Lean Agile and SAFe implementation in Jira Align

Reddy April 7, 2020

Is there a standard way to Validate Lean Agile and SAFe implementation in Jira Align?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Hi @Reddy,

Jira Align is highly in sync with the Scaled Agile Framework and Lean Agile principles. This is why we must be SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) in order to effectively implement Jira Align.

As part of a standard implementation effort, the Enterprise Solution Architect (or equivalent) who implemented and configured Jira Align for your company would have modeled Jira Align based on the guidance given by your company. That would have included how closely aligned to SAFe the configuration was intended to be.

Shy of the alignment happening during initial implementation/configuration, there is no documented standard way for an organization to validate alignment to SAFe. I would suggest you reach out to your implementation team to ask them this question.

A good way to align with SAFe going forward is to use the Framework Map functionality in Jira Align as a base level-setting and alignment with the desired framework.

Regards,
Peter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2020

I'm not sure what the "validate" means in this question, but I am 100% with you on "get in SPCs and talk to them about how you would want to work"

Like Peter Jessen likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-- I interpreted the "validate" request as asking if there is a way to verify that a client has set up Jira Align terminology, value streams (operational and developmental), work levels, etc. in alignment with SAFe and lean agile recommendations.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2020

I can see that, but it's not what I would guess at for the meaning of "validate" here.  Hence the request for more information, I don't think there's enough for us to judge much.  (But your answer is a really good way to get the other information we might need out)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events