Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Path from Standard to Enterprise

Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ March 1, 2020

If a client installs Jira Align Standard is the upgrade to Jira Align Enterprise a simple feature toggle (managed by Atlassian) or do we need to migrate to a new instance? Ignoring Commercials. 

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2020

Hi @Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ ,

The two versions are the same software. No need to install/migrate to a new instance in my experience (not unless something has changed in the very near past, at least).The difference is the licensing and the access to specific functionality, as you probably saw on the pricing page - https://agilecraft.com/pricing.

I would highly recommend you start with Enterprise, as in my experience clients quickly want the extra functionality due to the depth and breadth of quality strategic decision making enabled by the additional functionality in Enterprise. It's also my understanding that Enterprise comes with a test instance, whereas Standard does not.

I will defer to an Atlassian team member to add (or correct) any additional details around the licensing and the access to the different functionality.

Regards,
Peter

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hi @Peter Jessen 

You are correct.  It would be the same site and the same URL for user access.  As @Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ there is a Feature Toggle managed by Atlassian that controls the change over between the two packages.  The major difference between the two packages is available System Role Permissions under Jira Align Admin > Roles which controls access to Jira Align's various pages and reports.

Cheers!
Tim

Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ March 2, 2020

thanks for the clarification @Tim Keyes 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ March 1, 2020

Thanks Peter.  Much appreciated.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events