Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete a custom card on Kanban board

Reddy April 17, 2020

Hello,

I've created a custom card in Custom kanban board and now I'm unable to delete the card. I have  role of "Manage cards" in the board. Attached is the screenshot.,Kindly assist.

Thank you.

custom card.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi @Reddy,

Each role in Jira Align is currently customized when the instance is set up.

I recommend to check with your Jira Align Admin to see if you role is supposed to have Delete capability for the Kanban Boards.

As you can see in the image below, the custom Kanban permissions are very granular and can be altered by role.

Kanban Board Permissions.jpg

Regards,
Peter

Reddy April 17, 2020

Hello @Peter Jessen .

Thank you for the reply. I agree with your point, but I'm able to delete the other cards on the same board but not the custom cards.

Thank you.

Like Peter Jessen likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi @Reddy,

Interesting. This article, 10X: Add Cards to a Kanban Board, might be of use.

This issue could also be caused by a permission setting within your role under the Additional Options section.

You will definitely need Admin rights to troubleshoot at that level.

Regards,
Peter

PS: I did warn you to avoid custom Kanban functionality.  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events