Trying to associate a persona with a story

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to associate a persona to a story.  I am preparing for the training Jira Align for Product Management and in the program room there is Backlog Analysis which is 0%.  Trying to fix that.

In looking at help it says: 

You can associate a story with a persona on the story details panel (expand Full Details).

I have looked through the story and cannot find personas anywhere or how to expand Full Details.  I see Full details but expanding/clicking changes nothing?!?

Any help is graciously accepted.

Thanks!

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

Hi @robert.nadon , the Personas field has to be enabled in the Details Panels Settings for the Story work item in the Jira Align administration. See the screenshot below. Once enabled you can associate Personas to Stories. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.27.30 AM.png

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Thank you I actually am the Sys admin and always forget about turning things on in the administration portion!

That fixed it.

I truly appreciate the help.

3 votes
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2020

The Personas attribute is available on the Story work object in Align, but your system administrators need to make sure it is visible. They can set the attribute's visibility in the Administration | Details Panel Settings. See below:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.29.38 AM.png

If that attribute is on, you'll see it in the Full Details section of the Story panel:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.31.13 AM.png

And you'll see the Personas option. Personas can be set up in the Product section.

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 11.32.52 AM.png

0 votes
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2020

Thank you both, problem solved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events