Safe 5.0

Claire De Cort January 9, 2020

Hi, with the launch of Safe 5.0 what is the Jira Align roadmap to reflect the changes please? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi @Claire De Cort,

May I ask what specifically you are looking for? Jira Align, while supporting SAFe, also supports the other agile at scale frameworks.

Most of what is included/added in SAFe 5 is currently supported in Jira Align. Are there specific areas of interest in SAFe 5 that you don't see in Jira Align?

Currently (version 10.61) Jira Align supports the following SAFe 5 constructs:

• Essential SAFe:
    • Fully supports the teams (Scrum and Kanban) and programs, their related backlogs, PI Planning, PI/team Objectives, and the Customer Centricity (via Personas)
    • Continuous Delivery Pipeline - Supported via existing functionality, to the extent expected. Doesn't include config management and other functionality you wouldn't expect in it.
    • Jira Align already supports non-development teams. Your organization can create teams that only live in Jira Align and not in Jira.
      • For example - a marketing team might need to work in Jira Align, but not in Jira.
  • Large Solution SAFe:
    • Supports all aspects of the SAFe 5 Big Picture, although I'd love to see a separate Solution Train Board of the level of the current Program Board.
  • Portfolio SAFe:
    • Jira Align, as AgileCraft, evolved from the top down, so no other platform I know supports the portfolio level with the robustness of Jira Align.
  • Full SAFe:
    • Includes all of the above levels, so is by default, supported out of the box.

If you are asking about how Jira Align supports the areas like Business Agility's Measure & Grow, there are many reports in Jira Align that support this area. There is also the option of using LEO, the business intelligence add-in, to create additional metrics views.

If you can possibly be more specific in your question of what you are looking for, then I can probably give you a more specific answer from an implementation and user perspective.

One of the Jira Align team members (such as @Shawn Kessler. @Tim Keyes, or @Matt Magee) would need to give you any official Atlassian Jira Align roadmap.

Regards,
Peter

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Adding Product Managers @Caz and @Kyle Foreman to the roadmap discussion.

Like Peter Jessen likes this
Caz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

@Peter Jessen hit the nail on the head with this response, so thank you, Peter.

I'll add that our Jira Align leadership has and continues to work closely with the SAFe organization to keep a pulse and collaborate on agile-at-scale trends. As a result, we proactively consider SAFe methodologies when planning our roadmap and feature work (this was the case for the SAFe 5.0 framework as well). 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2020

Thanks for sharing.

Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

In addition, along with the Program Board, Jira Align supports Risks and Dependencies, two key SAFe 5.0 PI Planning functions for visibility.  Also, you can use Jira Align -> Story Backlog : Iteration View for a teams Plan and Load by iteration view.  Even if teams are planning iterations in Jira, the stories and view are available in Jira Align through the integration. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 8.27.09 AM.png

Like Peter Jessen likes this
0 votes
Claire De Cort January 14, 2020

Thanks @Peter Jessen - we're already using a lot of that functionality which is fab but I was hoping to find out if anything new is coming along? 

One of the challenges we have with Jira Align is around business stakeholder and cross portfolio tracking of work and roadmap using JA (we found Leo too expensive to justify cost/benefit) and native JA struggles with volume. This has become more important in SAFE v5.

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Claire De Cort - I certainly agree with you on some of your points. As for a roadmap of new or improved functionality, I will need to defer to the members of the Atlassian Jira Align Team.

@Caz@Kyle Byrd, @RJ Gazarek - Can any of you chime in here with a potentially sharable version of a Jira Align product/functionality roadmap?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events