Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Rest API to list all the Capabilities under the requested epic

Sam V I'm New Here Aug 13, 2022

Hi:

I am looking for an API to list all the linked capabilities under the EPIC and all the Features under the requested capabilities.

I tried the 

/align/api/2/Epics/{id}

and

/align/api/2/Capobilities/{id} endpoint but couldn't see the required information. 

Any pointer will be of much help.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Equivalently, the same principle can be applied to the Features endpoint.

Making a GET call towards it, along with a filter for the parentID -- matching the Capability of interest -- will return all IDs of the related features.

curl -X GET 'https://instance.jiraalign.com/rest/align/api/2/Features?$select=id&filter=parentID%20eq%202326' -H 'accept: */*' -H 'Authorization: bearer MyObfuscatedToken'

The result should look like this:

[{"id":8829},{"id":10348}]

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 18.55.35.png

0 votes

Hi @Sam V the following query will likely satisfy your need:

curl -X GET 'https://instance.jiraalign.com/rest/align/api/2/Capabilities?$select=id&filter=parentID%20eq%202221' -H 'accept: */*' -H 'Authorization: bearer MyObfuscatedToken'

The teardown is as follows:

• $select=id -- this parameter will tell API to only return the ID of the related Capabilities
  • filter=parentID%20eq%202221 -- the filter parameter defines that only records whose parentID properties equal the Epic ID "2221" parameter informed.

The result should look like this:

[{"id":2222},{"id":2224},{"id":2355}]

Each number in this JSON response is an ID of a related Capability.

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 18.33.42.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events